Minutes by: Vikas
Attendees : Vishwa, Santosh, Chidu, Vikas, Pramod, Sathya, Shyam.
Akshardeep Site Visit Report (by
- Site visit to PMC and PCMC classes was carried out by
Vishwa. Vishwa has given a positive feedback about the progress and
activities of Akshardeep people.
- Swadhar has proposed to Asha Zurich to fund the setting up of
a balwadi, the detailed project report for which is awaited.
- There has been a proposal to fund the study expenses of
some girls for matriculation examination. The proposal will be looked upon
- Asha Pune will be asked to supply the teaching material
generated by Asha to Akshardeep to help in teaching.
- Akshardeep will submit the progress report to Asha Zurich
Parivaar Project (Vikas)
- Vikas reported that Parivaar authorities have already
initiated Parivaar project and Asha Zurich has been asked to sponsor 25 or
- Asha Kolkatta will be asked to have a site visit and based
on the report, decision to sponsor 10 children initially for one year can
Manavi Project (Santosh)
with the management need to be established. The detailed project report with
break up of all the financial needs is required.
make sure with the management of the project that there should not be any conflict
of interest with other partners of the project; if at all the project is being
Help Project (Sathya)
It was felt
that the project could make the direct impact on the needy people.
project report and the financial needs are awaited.
Dhule Project (Chidu)
As the project
s targeting the tribal people, so the project can be of immense importance and
clarification of credentials and goals of the managements are really required.
Asha Pune can
also be involved in the project for teacher’s training.
Vivekananda Ashram Project
- Chidu informed that soon there is going to be direct talks
between Bagchi, Ghosh and himself to clear the problem caused by the
demand of extra money by VA and to inform them of subsequent decision
taken by Asha.
- Pijus has already made the site visit to VA and the meeting
this week will fully concentrate on VA and inputs by Pijus.
- Santosh reported that all the accounts of the concert are clear
with all the remaining money from the sponsors being received.
- Thanks letters have already been posted.
- The total gains from the concert stand at CHF 13500
- Tax stuff has to be taken care by Sathya.
- The accounts need to be audited for
January 31-ashawide deadline and for the next GBM.
- Pramod will contact Kavita to help in
- Pramod will send the list of people
dropped out of CAYH donors list. They will be personally contacted to
restart the process.
- To bring more people in CAYH purview,
Sathya will send the CAYH posters to be used at various occasions for
publicity. Chidu will send regular mails about CAYH to Asha Zurich. The
CAYH publicity will also be carried out in Narayan Murthy talk.
Asha Europe Conference
Vishwa are joint coordinators for the conference. The event is being thought
for to be carried out in a Gruppenhouse during the last week end of April. The
event will be informal with no involvement of the embassy.
requested to send the comments or ideas in this regard. It was also recommended
to join Hope Europe mailing list.
Pramod will work out putting the registration page in the web site.
The heat is on
to decide quickly about the artist and hall to get big sponsorships. The artist
list would be sent to Mr. Gururaj. Vikas and Shyam were given the task of
booking the hall for approximately 500-600 people for the last week of October
or first week of November.
Facility of payment
by credit card will be initiated on the web site. Santosh and Chidu will look
There was a
concern of how to bring in new people for the long run sustenance. It was felt that
new donors has not been included in the mailing list, which needs to be done.
Apart form sending the regular mails, personal efforts are also important.
Somehow, the bigger level of publicity is also needed.
Next meeting is
going to be either on 21st or 23rd of this month. The
venue and time will be announced soon.
Light and Dream
project will be discussed online (Vikas).
Task list by person:
- Santosh: Manavi project follow up, credit card facility in
web site, final numbers of concert gains, mailing list of concert
- Pramod: CAYH list, CAYH drop out list, registration page
for Asha Europe Conference in the web site, contacting Kavita for account
- Sathya: Help project follow up, tax filing, Asha Europe
Conference coordination, registration page for Asha Europe Conference in
the web site, CAYH publicity material.
- Vishwa: Askhardeep follow up, Asha Europe Conference
coordination, Aksahrdeep balwadi proposal, Akshardeep proposal for funding
girls’ matric exam, Asha Pune’s help in providing teaching material to
- Shyam: Hall reservation for concert
- Vikas: Parivaar project, Light and Dream project, hall
reservation for concert
- Chidu: VA follow up, Dhule followup, credit card facility
in web site, sending regular mails to Asha Zurich mailing list.