|| June 12, 2004 |
|| ETH HG F33.5 |
Minutes by: Vikas Mittal
Attendees : Shyam Nyati, Vikas Mittal, Vishweshwara Herle, Kavita Roongta,
Sathya Krishnamurthy, Sheila Mani, Neha Maheshwari, Kornel Ringli, R.
Ganesh, Gregory de Souza, S. Swaminathan, Arvind Rajendran, Pramod
Prasanth, Nitesh Gandhi, Sajid Hussein, Santosh Ansumali, N. Mathimaran,
Patricia Kübel-Sorger, Manisha Dadlani, Sushant Longani, Anuj Tandon,
Priyanka Belawat, Chidambaram Narayanan
General Body Meeting - 2004
- Chidu presented the agenda of the meeting and the
organisational set up of Asha Zurich stressing the need of new
- Vikas briefly reviewed the activities of Asha Zurich in the last
- Pramod presented the financial details.
- Arvind informed the attendees about the release of the annual report
of Asha Zurich for the year 2003.
- Greg informed about the release of Asha Newsletter Zuriodhay's second
- Kavita presented her views as auditor of financial assets of Asha
Zurich. She expressed full satisfaction over the accounts.
- Chidu initiated the discussions over the ratification of minor
changes in the statutes suggested by Steuramt, Zurich. The changes after
short discussions and a few suggestions were accepted unanimously.
- Setting up of advisory board was also discussed. The proposal of the
board and its duties was also unanimously accepted by the present members.
- Priyanka updated the Vivekananda project. The project is now in the
final stage of its completion.
- Vishwa gave an update of the Akshardeep project. The second
installment to the project needs to be sent now; otherwise the project is
- Sajid briefed the projects under review.
- Vikas gave an introduction to the Parivaar project, recently accepted
for funding by Asha Zurich.
- Kavita undertook the election procedure. Santosh Ansumali and
Chidambaram Narayanan were elected as President and General Secretary
respectively. Kavita was elected as Treasurer, whereas Vishwa and Vikas
were elected as Project Coordinators.
- Chidu in the end thanked all the participants and Santosh presented
an outlook of the activities for the coming year.