|| June 8, 2004 |
|| ETH Cafeteria Polyterrasse |
Minutes by: Chidu
Attendees : Vishwa, Sajid, Chidu, Vikas, Shyam, Gregory, Santosh, Arvind.
Tasks for GBM
- Chidu will arrange for a Beamer.
- Shyam will bring his laptop and also collect presentations from
everybody in the meanwhile.
- Santosh and Sajid will coordinate buying snacks for the GBM.
- Chidu will ask Priyanka if she will do a presentation on Vivekananda
Ashram instead of Saikumar who has not responded to repeated requests.
- Zuriodhay: Draft version should be read by a few volunteers and
comments are to be given to Gregory. Gregory will print atleast 30 copies
(Rechenzentrum) for the GBM.
- Annual report: A few volunteers should read and pass on comments to
Arvind. Arvind will handle printing and bring atleast 30 copies to the
- Sajid will mark out Parivaar as a project approved for funding in
this presentation of all projects under review.
- Chidu will discuss with Kavita on how to conduct the Elections.
- Chidu should discuss new volunteer issues and issues regarding
administrative systems being built in the introduction.
- The modifications to the proposal for the creation of the Advisory
Board were discussed. It was felt that the size should be limited to 3 and
not extended to 5 as suggested by Santosh. However, the possibility of
having an experienced ASHA volunteer (no longer very active in day to day
affairs) in the Advisory Board will be included.
- It was felt that the clause mentioned by Sathya that the members
of AB should not use Asha Zurich for personal/corporate needs should
not be added to the amendment but infact should be added to the Statutes
or Guidelines of Asha Zurich as being uniformly valid for all
members/volunteers involved with Asha.
- Chidu will modify the proposal accordingly and send it to
- Santosh initiated a discussion on the usage of events profits for
seeding new events with full liability. As the case of Notes of Hope 2005
where CHF 3000 was borrowed from the profits of NoH 2003 to book the
venue. Although not perceived to be in conflict with the 0% overhead claim
it was felt that things should be put down in writing in the Asha Zurich
Guidelines (under production) so that no uncertainty exists in policy.
- Vishwa will stick directions to the GBM venue.
- Everybody will meet there at 13:00 hrs.