|| August 3, 2004 |
|| ETH HG F33.5 |
Minutes by: Chidu
Attendees : Kavitha, Santosh, Chidu, Priyanka, Sathya, Arvind, Gregory,
Saikumar, Vikas, Shyam, Anuj, Neha.
New volunteer packet
- It was decided that every new volunteer will be assigned a 'buddy',
who will help the new volunteer understand the goals, values, and working
of Asha Zurich.
- Sathya will send some material to Gregory on introduction to Asha.
- Pramod and Neha Maheshwari can help in creating specific material.
- Kavitha and Gregory will be in charge of producing this packet.
- Gregory will prepare a Organization chart (internet based)
that is hyperlinked, so that each task can be explained properly.
- As discussed in the GBM, it was mentioned that we have to take
setting up Asha Desk seriously.
- Priyanka will step up efforts in this regard.
Asha FAQ update
- Kavitha and Neha will send in their comments about possible
unanswered questions in the current FAQ.
- It was decided that the clause for a surprise visit be dropped at the
request of Mr. Lohani. He has promised that anybody can visit his office
at any time and he will arrange for a visit to the children's home.
- The difference between Asha India and Asha Kashi has to be clarified.
Chidu will talk to the Asha USA president Netika about this
- Sathya will clarify the modalities regarding the lack of FCRA for
Parivaar with Deepak Gupta of Asha India
- Chidu will contact Aditya Banerjee again regarding funding for
the Parivaar project.
Manavi site visit report - Santosh
- Santosh believes that the organization does some work. They have
receive money from the state government as part of the 'Sarva Shiksha
Abhiyaan' to build a residential school for girls. The government
also gives them money for food for the children. However, they needed
money for the infrastructure like beds, desks, etc.
- Santosh also met with a Mr. Balu Iyer from IDEX, USA (firstname.lastname@example.org),
which is funding Manavi.
- Santosh also reported about the brick factories where the tribal
children work, but are paid a pittance and undernourished. They were only
given onion and sattu (chana flour) for food. Prostitution is also
- Manavi does not explicitly ask for money for full time volunteers.
However, they indirectly admit that some money is used for paying
the full-time volunteers.
- The current school is supposed to a temporary arrangement to bring
the children up to speed to be sent to another school under 'Saraswati
something' programme. However, these schools are not yet ready.
- Overall the level at which Asha Zurich could participate was
- It was decided to reformulate a new plan again, but with a long
term vision. This task is open ended and will be taken up by Anuj.
- Chidu has received the Statutes of Vishwamandal Seva Ashram and a copy
of their FCRA clearance as requested in the last meeting.
- Fr. Godfrey will get back with a modified budget after taking a look at
the old request since it is a long time since then.
- Chidu will create an MoU.
- Discussion to approve this project will be held at the next monthly
- Everybody is asked to read up all the material on the project.
Notes of Hope brochure
- Should be ready in two weeks time.