Minutes by: Vikas
Attendees : Santosh, Sathya, Priyanka, Chidu, Arvind, Mukesh, Harish (Asha-Boston),
Pramod, Vijay, Pijus, Shyam, Sai, Vikas.
Pandit HariPrasad Chaurasia
- The final accounting details regarding the expenses and
profits have not been finalized yet. Still the money from some of the
sponsors is awaited and all the persons responsible for bringing
sponsorships have to take it as first priority.
- No invoice or bill has been received from Musik Hochschule
about the expenses so far.
- Arvind will send the thanks letters to the sponsors and
donors. Sathya, Santosh and Ravi have to deal with tax work before 23rd
- It was decided that the UBS account used for collecting the
concert money will be converted to administrative account by retaining
some money (amount yet to be decided) and the remaining money would be
transferred to Asha UBS main account. Asha post account needs to be closed
soon. The persons sending donations through CAYH to post would be
personally contacted to get them shifted to UBS account.
- Pramod has to complete building the general database of the
people associated with Asha in any form either by single time donation or
CAYH or people who attended the concert. Pramod has also to upgrade the
Asha Zurich mailing list. Pramod and Santosh have to maintain a separate
record of CAYH people. Some kind of warning system to avoid CAYH people
getting lost is strongly needed. The names of the only those CAYH people
have to be published as donors who wish so.
- Sathya has to write a report on the concert to submit to
- Pramod will do the upgradation of the website. Sathya will
send concert photos to Pramod.
- The money in the rappen keller needs to be counted.
- Some special measures or precautions need to be decided
soon so as to improve the efficiency and quality for the future concerts.
The efforts for finding the artist for the future concert have to be
Vivekananda Ashram Project
- Sai and Pijus told about their regular contacts with VA
people in recent days. VA people will submit a report on the project soon.
As the money has been stopped to the project, the work is mostly running
on advance basis. The viability and need of increase in the budget has not
been established so far.
- Pijus is going to have a site visit in this month. A
surprise visit was proposed. He will basically look for the status of work
and will try to know the reasons of the increase in the budget. Sathya
will send the site visit form and other details of the project to Pijus.
Sai has to send the revised proposal and all the bills to Santosh for
- Asha Kolkatta and IIM Kolkatta links will not be used for
the time being for the appraisal of project.
- Vishwa has already made a site visit and he will submit the
report as soon as he comes back from vacation.
Vijay is going
to leave the project and Sathya will follow up the project. The project has
been under review from Asha Colorado also. The concept of tuition center or
crèche or secondary education center is not clear in the proposed project
report. Also the extent of benefit to the children is difficult to evaluate.
Vijay in his
personal opinion likes the project as the site visits and the previous records
of the project incharge are positive.
- February 7 event suggested by Pramod needs further scrutiny.
Theme and objective of the program, artist, quality, advertisement, image
and similar issues need to be addressed. Pramod, Chidu and Arvind are
going to have a meeting with the arrangement committee.
- Sathya has to work on the project with Zurich International
- Next meeting was decided to be on 19th of
December, time yet to be decided. It is intended to be a detailed project
meeting with a number of new projects to be reviewed.